my journeys

Monday, August 31, 2015

Am i going to London?

In November 2007, few days before UPSR results were released. I became the most pious kid in town. The nervousness of looking at my results made me bowed to my Creator as it determined my destiny to my dream city. The night before the UPSR result came out, I texted all my family members and friends to pray for the best of me. At 5.30 am, I was completely ready and went to the nearest mosque to perform my Fajr solah. The results were told to be released at 0900 and I was standing right in front of the main gate at 0800 as I want my parents to witness my achievement. I waited for almost 45 minutes without thinking of anything else. After my parents have arrived, my football coach, Mr Razali was seen running from the Teacher’s room and hugging my dad. My nervousness has controlled over me, I began to overthink as I thought he was apologizing for my bad results. Mr Razali then walked passed me and whispered “dapat boot baru lah lepas ni”. I didn’t get what my favourite coach was saying as I was too worried of my result. Names by names being called for straight A’s candidates but my name was not being mentioned. 

Then, my Headmaster, Madam Asnaniar said, “That’s all for 5A’s candidates. Well done for each and every one of you.” I began to cry myself out. I stood up and walked slowly towards the bathroom. 

Suddenly, she continued “Ehh, ada satu lagi tertinggal, UMMAR OTHMAN BIN MOHD ARFAH, 5A!” I ran to my headmaster and took my result from her, whispering “cikgu jahat, cikgu jahat!” and we were laughing in tears. From the edge of my eyes, I could see my parents waiting for me in the middle of the main hall with his widely opened hands waiting to hug me. Covering in tears, I can only hear “We are proud of you, Ummar!

my UPSR result

No comments:

Post a Comment